Yesterday was an amazing day at North Side. At our one service at 10:00, we had people sitting on the stage and all over the place, but it was a great day in the life of our church.
My day started off kinda funny. I was alone in the auditorium before 8:00 getting my praise on to some Kirk Franklin when all of a sudden, the fire alarm went off. I ran out to find a frantic volunteer who had mistaken the fire alarm for a light switch, and needless to say, I got to invite the town’s firemen and police officers if they wanted to stay for the service. Fun morning.
After that, we had so much going on with the kids, Sonshine, poster toters, and so much more, that it was kind of a blur to me.
One of my favorite lines of Jeff’s yesterday as he concluded the teaching portion of the Now Campaign was that “there are many great places to invest your money, there are a lot of great organizations, but only one that Jesus died for – the church.” In this day, there are great places to invest your money, but I can’t think of a better one than for that which Christ died for and through which he is reconciling the world to himself. His message, entitled “Why I’m Going to Give,” was a great reminder of why and how God loves cheerful givers.
Yesterday, we worshiped to these songs:
- How Great is Our God – Chris Tomlin
- Great is He – Lindell Cooley
- Friend of God – Israel Houghton
- Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) – Chris Tomlin
- Hearing Hannah’s testimony of how God changed her and now he is using her so much here
- Hearing just the drums and the vocals on “Great is He” – you guys were singing loud!
- Hearing 1-5th graders sing, “I am a flower quickly fading, here today and gone tomorrow” was moving
- Seeing people standing on the shoulders of who got us here (not literally, but you remember…)
- Watching tearful expressions at watching the posters going up yesterday (“Through North Side, Jesus gave me…acceptance…healed marriage…freedom…hope…salvation” and the list just went on and on, and all I wanted to do was to turn around and see what you guys were seeing!
It was a great day! Don’t forget that you turn in your pledge cards on Nov. 9 and you bring your best gift on Nov. 23. We will have pledge cards available on Sunday!