I try to live by a quote from the missionary martyr, Jim Elliot, who stated,
“Wherever you are, be all there.”
That profound statement reminds me that no matter my circumstances, I need to remain wholly focused on where God has planted me and represent Him well during that time.
With that being said, I have to confess that I have not felt that way about October. Truthfully, this month was full of fantastic days, incredible ministry opportunities, and so much more, but I never thought it could all hit at one time! Needless to say, I am grateful for October 08, but I am also looking forward to November 08.
October 08 Rundown:
- 1st Fusion event (Oct 14)
- Now Campaign Events – in addition to services, at least three other evening events
- Lander Classes – midterm exams, papers, and lectures (oh, my)
- Worship CD released (Oct 12)
- Submitted 1st chapter revision for dissertation, began work on 2nd chapter
- BCM 2 Week Series (Oct 2 & 9)
- Worship Leading at Missionary Conference (Oct 9 &10) – Here I led worship at Hickory Knob and walked into the BCM center right before speaking after getting stuck at some train tracks
- 2 Weddings I officiated on Oct 18 – Lexington at 11, Greenwood at 2
- Helped at Harvestfest (Oct 4)
- And that was in addition to counseling, planning, meetings, Obadiah’s 3:00am intruders, family time, seminary reading, and watching the Office and the Biggest Loser.
Praise God for a fruitful month, but I also praise Him that November isn’t going to be that busy.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Distinctive Discipleship. He is married to Amanda and the father of two sons and one daughter. Travis graduated from North Greenville University with a B.A. in Christian Studies and earned his M.Div. and D.Min. from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, with his doctoral focus on family discipleship.