I try to live by a quote from the missionary martyr, Jim Elliot, who stated,
“Wherever you are, be all there.”
That profound statement reminds me that no matter my circumstances, I need to remain wholly focused on where God has planted me and represent Him well during that time.
With that being said, I have to confess that I have not felt that way about October. Truthfully, this month was full of fantastic days, incredible ministry opportunities, and so much more, but I never thought it could all hit at one time! Needless to say, I am grateful for October 08, but I am also looking forward to November 08.
October 08 Rundown:
- 1st Fusion event (Oct 14)
- Now Campaign Events – in addition to services, at least three other evening events
- Lander Classes – midterm exams, papers, and lectures (oh, my)
- Worship CD released (Oct 12)
- Submitted 1st chapter revision for dissertation, began work on 2nd chapter
- BCM 2 Week Series (Oct 2 & 9)
- Worship Leading at Missionary Conference (Oct 9 &10) – Here I led worship at Hickory Knob and walked into the BCM center right before speaking after getting stuck at some train tracks
- 2 Weddings I officiated on Oct 18 – Lexington at 11, Greenwood at 2
- Helped at Harvestfest (Oct 4)
- And that was in addition to counseling, planning, meetings, Obadiah’s 3:00am intruders, family time, seminary reading, and watching the Office and the Biggest Loser.
Praise God for a fruitful month, but I also praise Him that November isn’t going to be that busy.