This week’s book of the week is Walter Kaiser’s Mission in the Old Testament.
Top 5 Thoughts:
- God’s original intention was to extend his offering of grace beyond merely the Jewish people to the Gentiles (9).
- Blessing had to start somewhere with someone. God’s purpose in blessing one people was to create an instrument to bless all other nations of the world (20).
- Yahweh’s original calling was for every family in the world, even Israel’s enemies, to find salvation with the one true God (50).
- God’s rebuke of Jonah’s ungracious attitude is foundational to understanding God’s heart for the nations (69).
- Paul’s mission to the Gentiles was not original but founded on the teachings of the Old Testament (77).