Continuing in this month’s focus for our worship teams to pray fervently and specifically, I have another prayer point this week: pray for the members of your worship team.
Every Sunday before we lead worship, our team huddles up, grabs a hand, prays for the person on their right, then on their left. Prayer is a big deal, but it is so important to get specific.
Whether you or on that team or led by that team, when was the last time you prayed for them? You might not know them specifically, but you can still pray for them.
Here’s a list to get you started praying for each member:
- To grow consistently closer to Jesus
- To have private worship times be more intense then public worship times
- To lead out of the overflow of their walk with God
- To lead their homes in worship
- To reach out to those around them
- To live a life full of integrity
Will you pray for your worship team today?
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Distinctive Discipleship. He is married to Amanda and the father of two sons and one daughter. Travis graduated from North Greenville University with a B.A. in Christian Studies and earned his M.Div. and D.Min. from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, with his doctoral focus on family discipleship.