Passionate, honest day about being the church at North Side. 2nd week into our “5 Things That Will Kill This Church” series and we stated the 2nd thing that could kill this church: “Looking Out for #1.” When selfishness infests a church, it is a dangerous place to tread.
Today, we worshiped to:
- Kingdom Come – Travis Agnew
- Marvelous Light – Charlie Hall (Nockels Version)
- I Stand in Awe – Mark Altrogge (Ross Parsley Version)
- My Savior’s Love – Chris Tomlin version
- Unite Us Together – Travis Agnew
Some of my favorite things about today:
- Eagerness to Worship – Each week, I just see a deeper desire to focus on Jesus from moment one. I love it. You people sing out so much. I love to hear it, and I can’t imagine what God thinks about it!
- David Little Testimony – Before taking the offering, it was great to hear of one of our missionaries who we support as he leads churches to reach this community and people all over the world. Love me some David Little and his team as they impact this area.
- Pastor Prayer Time – We gave every person a church and pastor to pray for during the service (list of 12, each got their prayer request by what is their birthday month). So great to be a part of the larger body of Christ and lift up our family in prayer.
- Jeff’s Message – He preaches on anything great, but when he talks about the church something extra happens. I can’t describe it – you just got to listen to it.
- Invitation Time – It was great watching people come to the altar and pray for their role in this church. I wrote the song, “Unite Us Together,” a few weeks ago because we needed a worship song that we could sing together committing ourselves to God and each other. It was so great to hear our congregation sing beside each other, “O God, unite us together; Your church living as one; giving ourselves to one another; and this world will know us by our love.”
Can’t wait for the following 3 weeks. Today, tonight, don’t go to church – BE THE CHURCH!