There are 2 Travis Agnew’s. No, for real. There are 2 of us. I’m not doing some type of preacher illustration, there are two of us out there.
So, let me explain. Years ago, when I decided to start blogging, I tried to get a domain name and realized that travisagnew.com was taken. By whom, I wondered. I went ahead with the .org and continued upon my trek through life’s uncharted waters. Then I was talking with a college student one day who said he heard me speak somewhere.
He then tried to find me on the world wide web. He said I had changed my appearance a lot. He then asked me when I lived in Wisconsin. I was perplexed. I was pretty confident that my looks have not changed that much and that I had remained in South Carolina in recent years. Curious, I began to do research and I was shocked at what I found.
Here’s what I discovered:
- Both of our first names are Travis.
- Both of our last names are Agnew.
- We both have led worship and recorded worship projects.
- He wrote a worship song called “Ever Present,” and I have written one called “Present Help” both of them based upon Psalm 46.
- We have both been married around 8 years.
- I have adopted from Ethiopia, he is in the process of adopting from Ethiopia.
- His website is travisagnew.com and mine is travisagnew.org.
- We both sport facial hair.
- But, he has way more hair than me.
This whole discovery reminded me that I am dispensable. I am not that unique. In fact, there is someone who is either trying to steal my identity (with better hair) or I am just another laborer in the Kingdom trying to get things done for Jesus.
Either way, I salute you, Travis Agnew (and any of you other ones out there). Keep the name solid. Make it be known as an example of living for Jesus. And for all the rest of you non-Travis Agnew’s out there, remember that we are special in God’s eyes, but we are not as important or unique as we sometimes think we are.
For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. -Galatians 6:3