As people celebrate Lent today, many people have decided to give something up. My recommendation to you is to join me and pick something up instead.
Would you consider joining me for the next 40 days for The Andrew Challenge?
The Andrew Challenge is very simple – be intentional for the next 40 days to bring someone to Jesus.
Andrew was one of the 12 disciples of Jesus. We don’t know much about him other than the fact that he was responsible for connecting his brother, Peter, to Jesus.
One of the two who heard John speak and followed Jesus was Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother. He first found his own brother Simon and said to him, “We have found the Messiah” (which means Christ). He brought him to Jesus. -John 1:40-42
That’s the challenge. Use the 40 days leading up to Easter to invest in someone pointing them to Jesus. Invite them over for a meal. Grab some coffee. Pray for them. Share your testimony. Begin to share the gospel with them when the door is open. Look at the next 40 days as a consecrated time to invest in someone intentionally.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Pray and ask God to show you that person(s).
- Make an initial contact today (call, visit, email, message, text, etc.) just to say that God laid them on their heart today and wanted to know if there was anything you could pray for.
- Become intentional in the weeks to come.
- Invite them to join you for one of the Knowing Jesus presentations (March 29 & 30) where the gospel and an invitation will be given. You can get your tickets at the front desk. They are free, but we are hoping to run out of room, so get some for your family and those you are reaching out to.
- Share ideas that you have here on this post of how to reach out.
Our prayer is that in 40 days, we will see an incredible harvest of Jesus saving lives all around us, and that we have many Andrews that partnered with him in the process. We are already beginning to pray for the lives that will be transformed at Knowing Jesus. That Easter Sunday, we are praying that we can celebrate the lives that have been transformed!
So, who is in for the Andrew Challenge? What ideas do you have?