The Resolution for Men – Bible Study includes content for small-group sessions, five personal devotions each week, and leader notes. You’ll also find icebreakers, interactive Bible study, provocative insights, and guided prayer. This men’s group curriculum was inspired by the document featured in the movie COURAGEOUS. The Resolution contained 12 commitments related to characteristics that all men of God want to pursue, such as responsibility, faithfulness, honor, justice, forgiveness, integrity, and courage. The Bible study walks participants through each of the 12 commitments, especially to their families, and identifies the biblical roots and showing how to live out each godly principle in real life. It’s ideal for men’s accountability groups.
- 8 group sessions
- Personal Bible study
- Takes essential truths of Scripture about leading a family and presents them in an easy-to-understand format for husbands and fathers
- Presents a standard for men to live by and helps hold them to a level of accountability
- Introduces husbands and fathers to a manner of Christian living that many never saw modeled as children
Alex Kendrick and Stephen Kendrick are co-founders of Sherwood Pictures for which they have written, produced, directed, and starred in Facing the Giants, FIREPROOF, and COURAGEOUS; and are authors (with Michael Catt) of The Love Dare. The brothers and their wives have a total of 10 children.
The 12 “I Will” Commitments of The Resolution
- I do solemnly resolve before God to take full responsibility for myself, my wife, and my children.
- I will love them, protect them, serve them, and teach them the Word of God as the spiritual leader of my home.
- I will be faithful to my wife, to love and honor her, and be willing to lay down my life for her as Jesus Christ did for me.
- I will bless my children and teach them to love God with all their hearts, all of their minds, and all of their strength.
- I will train them to honor authority and live responsibly.
- I will confront evil, pursue justice, and love mercy.
- I will pray for others and treat them with kindness, respect, and compassion.
- I will work diligently to provide for the needs of my family.
- I will forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged.
- I will learn from my mistakes, repent of my sins, and walk with integrity as a man answerable to God.
- I will seek to honor God, be faithful to His church, obey His Word, and do His Will.
- I will courageously work with the strength God provides to fulfill this resolution for the rest of my life and for His glory.