If you haven’t missed 1 Sunday in the last year, you have already heard 11 of the 16 songs we will be leading at “The Word.” As we went through different studies at the church, we have introduced these songs along the way. Hopefully, that will translate into you singing out tonight and Saturday!
That also means that you have not heard 5 of the songs. These are actually 5 of my favorite songs on the project but they just haven’t fit with what we teach on Sundays so we haven’t introduced them yet. They are:
5 Songs You Haven’t Heard Yet
- The Ten Commandments (It is what it sounds like. The commandments are such a huge part of the entire canon of Scripture, we wrote a song to communicate the Law.)
- Return to Me (This is a collection of phrases from the prophets speaking on behalf of God to woo Israel back to himself before it was too late.)
- How Long, O LORD? (The people did not heed the prophets’ warning and God send them to exile. Had God forgotten about them? How long must they wait for him to come back?)
- Fear Not (Rescue has come. Jesus invaded Earth.)
- Faithful and True (We sing Revelation. Jesus is coming back. All things will be restored.)
I can’t wait for you to hear them and sing along with them. Pray these truths help you remember and understand God’s Word as we sing them tonight and Saturday (Col. 3:16).
We have 16 original songs we have composed for this project. 8 Old Testament songs plus 8 New Testament songs equal 1 message of reconciliation.
- Let There Be (Creation)
- How We’ve Fallen (Rebellion in the Garden)
- No One Like Our God (God would rescue a people and make them his own)
- The Ten Commandments (If Israel was rescued by God, they needed to obey him)
- Our God Is With Us (God’s promise with his covenant people was his presence)
- Enter His Gates (Worship became a part of the DNA of God’s people as they remembered God’s faithfulness)
- Return to Me (The prophets warning the people concerning their sin)
- How Long, O LORD? (Would God allow the people to remain in exile?)
- Fear Not (Incarnation. God in the flesh. Things will never be the same again.)
- Amazed (Jesus’ ministry left people in awe.)
- What a Savior (Jesus came to earth, died in our place, rose from the grave, ascended into heaven.)
- Come Holy Spirit (The disciples needed a Helper to continue Jesus’ mission.)
- Day By Day (The people did not attend church, they were the Church.)
- You Alone Are God (Worship the Triune God.)
- Your Word (The epistles taught the Church who they were in Christ.)
- Faithful and True (Revelation. Jesus is coming to make all things new.)
So, there you have it! In addition to some other elements tonight, we will have an intense 90-minute worship service tonight and Saturday night. Would love for you to make plans to join us!
April 3-4, 2015 7PM