Such a great day to focus on spiritual leadership and sending leaders out all over the world!
7 But we proved to be gentle among you, as a nursing mother tenderly cares for her own children. 8 Having so fond an affection for you, we were well-pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God but also our own lives, because you had become very dear to us.
9 For you recall, brethren, our labor and hardship, how working night and day so as not to be a burden to any of you, we proclaimed to you the gospel of God. 10 You are witnesses, and so is God, how devoutly and uprightly and blamelessly we behaved toward you believers; 11 just as you know how we were exhorting and encouraging and imploring each one of you as a father would his own children, 12 so that you would walk in a manner worthy of the God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory. -1 Thess. 2:7-12
Today’s services were very humbling to me.
Singing “I will carry Your name” as we commissioned missionaries to 3 different nations, I got overwhelmed at what we get to do as a church. I got choked up thinking about how I get to carry the name of Jesus. I was emotional thinking about how the Holy Spirit is sending those out from our church.
Today’s services were lined up like this:
- We Have Heard the Joyful Sound (We got to lead this version from my dear buddy, Josh Via)
- Come Ye Sinners (If you tarry till you’re better, you will never come at all)
- Welcome and Announcements
- Wherever He Leads I’ll Go
- Carry Your Name
There were some great points I jotted down from today’s message:
- People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
- Bold Paul was gentle with his spiritual children.
- Preach the truth boldly with gentle lives.
- Let’s make sure what we are giving is worth receiving.