I was so eager to worship with our church family today. It was a fantastic week of ministry for our family. Our students had a great experience at X-Fuge on Mission. Our Ghana team was back in the house. Lots of new faces. It was such a special time to focus on 1 Thess. 3:1-10.
Here’s the service flow:
- O the Blood/Nothing But the Blood
- Prayer Time (confession, forgiveness, burdens, etc.)
- He’s Always Been Faithful
- Trust and Obey
I got really overwhelmed by God’s faithfulness today. As we sang about it, I was really cognizant of how good God has been to our church.
I learned so much from the Word today. Here’s some notes:
- God destines afflictions into our lives to accomplish sanctification.
- God tests; Satan tempts. God desires our success; Satan desires our failure.
- Favorite tactics of the tempter:
- No one (including God) cares about you.
- You need to retaliate against the source of your pain.
- Here is a pleasurable escape to your pain.
- In their affliction, they didn’t need temptation or another letter from Paul, they needed somebody.
- People don’t need something – they need somebody.
Some rich stuff for us to consider as a church.
People don’t need something – they need somebody.
Jeff did such a great job encouraging us to be intentional with one another in this church. What could happen if we all got real intentional about discipline one another?
As we begin a new phase of family ministry starting next week, this was such a great reminder. While we have programs in place, it is intentional lives that make the difference.