Special day with the church family today. So excited we get to continue it tonight with Baptism and Bruster’s! I love these gatherings to share some exciting news about the church and share in fellowship with one another! Please come!
Today’s services focused on a call to holiness from 1 Thess. 4:1-8.
Here’s how it all came together:
- We Have Heard the Joyful Sound
- Emerge Recap Video
- Welcome/Introduction/Prayer Time – I led in a time of prayer asking God to make it clear what he is calling us to concerning holiness.
- You Are Holy (Isaiah 6)
- Almighty [We did these songs as a medley and it was one of my favorite mashups we have ever done. Loved hearing everyone sing out! The band just did stellar today.]
- Message – 1 Thess. 4:1-8
- Give Us Clean Hands
Jeff’s sermon on sexual immorality was powerful. Here were some of my notes:
- Sex is like a river – good until it goes onto the banks.
- The worst sin in the world is the one with which you don’t struggle.
- My relationship with God defines my sexual relationships.
- Sexual hints lead to sexual habits.