Powerful day of worship as we anticipated the Day of the Lord!
Today, we focused on this passage:
5:1 Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. 2 For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. -1 Thess. 5:1-3
This is how we led our services today:
- Sing to the King – Billy and Cindy Foote
- Video – That’s My King
- Welcome and Announcements
- Beautiful – Phil Wickham
- What a Savior – North Side Worship
- Preparation for Message
- Message – The Day of the Lord (1 Thess. 5:1-3)
- Faithful and True – North Side Worship
Loved seeing all the worshipers gathered together to bring Jesus some lavish praise. The college crew was back in full force today – great to have them back!
Hearing more and more about people getting in discipleship groups, joining the church, serving for the first time, etc. Awesome!
Here are some notes I made from today’s sermon:
- Be sure of his coming, yet be content in being unsure concerning the timing of his coming.
- If we knew the time of Christ’s return, we would delay our obedience.
- Instead of debating his second coming, focus on telling others concerning his first coming.
- Will I be able to figure out what the angels don’t know (Matt. 24:36)?
- Jesus is coming – stay busy!
- If I knew Jesus was coming back in a week, what would I do differently? Whatever is the answer is what I need to do now!
Can’t wait to gather with discipleship group tonight and be the church!