The Gathering 2015 is officially underway! Even with some unique weather conditions, we had an incredible morning! Flash floods couldn’t stop God from speaking to us today.
Here is how the service went down:
- Love Come Down – North Point Music
- From the Day – I Am They
- Announcements and Prayer Time
- 10,000 Reasons – Rend Collective
- Message – As for Me and My House (Joshua 24)
- Your Home – North Side Worship
The band did a great job leading worship today. Loved their energy and focus! The tech team was amazing as they were working in rooms where flooding had occurred and knocking it out of the park!
It is always a privilege to preach to our church family. To kick the Gathering off, I shared from Joshua 24. The passage has always been a favorite of mine, but recently I have seen the unique setting of how Joshua was making the call for his life and his family regardless of what the culture around him decided to do. I will post the sermon online later, but my 3 major application points were:
- The only appropriate response to an unwavering God is unwavering allegiance.
- To help remove the gods from your heart, you might need to remove them from your presence.
- You cannot make the decision for the nation, but you can make it for your family.
I hope you can join us tonight as the Peak band leads us in worship and Pastor Jeff talks about marriage and the gospel. We start at 6:30!