Powerful services today at North Side. I love worshipping with our church family. I love all the new folks God is bringing our way. I love watching people just get it.
Here is how our services came together:
- Little Drummer Boy – We arranged this song on Wednesday using cups, trash cans, roto toms, and drums. I used my boys because they have played cups at our house so much, they know it better than anyone else! Everybody did a great job with the arrangement.
- Messiah Video – We used this video in “The Word” to bridge the gap between the Old Testament and the New Testament. Love watching how God’s Word leads to Christ.
- Fear Not – North Side Worship
- Go Tell It On the Mountain – North Side Worship [Love the medley of “Wherever He Leads I’ll Go” in this version]
- Prayer Time
- Video – First Christmas – Shepherds
- A Christmas Alleluia – Chris Tomlin
- What a Savior – North Side Worship
- Sermon – Isaiah 6
- Almighty – Chris Tomlin
- We Exalt Thee (11:00 Service)
The band did a fantastic job this morning. Christmas is always a challenge since you are working on songs you haven’t done in a year. These guys worked really hard to lead worship today. So honored to walk alongside them!
I promise that I did not pray that Jeff would get sick so I could preach Isaiah 6.
Jeff shared the story this morning at the beginning of his message. I joked in prayer class that I thought about it though. Isaiah 6 might be my favorite passage in Scripture. I actually asked if he wanted to let our Mission Pastor candidate preach it, but then commented if everyone got sick and he needed a replacement, I would gladly tag in.
When he called on Friday and said he was feeling sick, I reassured him I was not praying he went down. I have always believed in being ready in season and out of season (2 Tim. 4:2), but I wasn’t hoping for it. Jeff absolutely preached the fire out of this passage. I loved how he preached the passage backwards.
Here are some of my notes from the sermon:
- While the earthly king resided in a tomb, the heavenly King reigned upon a throne!
- A prophet’s message is either “blessed are you” or “woe is you.”
- After 5 chapters of confronting Judah’s sin, Isaiah acknowledges he is personally included in these warnings.
- Grace precedes works.
- We need to be a people focused more on our obedience than we are the outcome.
- We should serve God from a grateful heart and not a guilty conscience.