Today was such a great reminder of God’s faithfulness for this church. He has been so good to this congregation and continues to show himself strong among us.
Loved hearing the very loud singing worshipers today. It really just seemed like everyone was dialed in. It was a great moment to celebrate the vote and hiring of our Mission Pastor. Wonderful time in the Book of Isaiah. So good.
- Reading – Isaiah 12:3-6
- Sing and Shout – Matt Redman
- Nothing But the Blood
- Baptism (9:30 service)
- Mission Pastor Vote (Praise God for his continued grace to us. We voted Scott Hill to be our Mission Pastor. Incredible story – check it out here.)
- Glorify Thy Name – Shane and Shane
- Come Holy Spirit – North Side Worship
- Sermon – Isaiah 11
- All to Us – Chris Tomlin
Here are some of my notes from today’s sermon:
- Ahaz’s desire for alliance makes human sense but lack’s godly wisdom.
- Jesus’ ways are superior to our ways.
- Jesus is not dependent upon the external because he can perceive the internal.
- Jesus brings about peace in the most unlikely of situations.
Travis Agnew serves as the Lead Pastor of Rocky Creek Church in Greenville, SC. His most recent book is Distinctive Discipleship. He is married to Amanda and the father of two sons and one daughter. Travis graduated from North Greenville University with a B.A. in Christian Studies and earned his M.Div. and D.Min. from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, with his doctoral focus on family discipleship.