And the Lord said:
“Because this people draw near with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
while their hearts are far from me,
and their fear of me is a commandment taught by men -Isaiah 29:13
Such authentic services today. Amazed at what God is doing through his church.
Here is how the service based on Isaiah 29 came together:
- Reading – Isaiah 29:13
- Brethren We Have Met to Worship – North Side Worship
- Power in the Blood – North Side Worship
- Prayer Time
- Video – The Gospel
- What a Savior – North Side Worship
- The Heart of Worship – Matt Redman
- Sermon – Spiritual Blindness (Isaiah 29)
- Are You Washed in the Blood? – North Side Worship
We made a change in between services. As Jeff concluded his sermon in the 9:30 service, everything came together great, but I thought we needed to rearrange the order for the 11:00 service. We moved some things around and I love the attitude of our team changing things on the fly.
I love that our team is so prepared that they are able to be flexible when we need to be.
It is just amazing hearing stories of people who are getting connected at North Side these days. Love watching people establish new friends. Love hearing people singing out with all they got. Love hearing of how God is bringing beauty from the ashes.
- “Ariel” means “lion of God” which most likely speaks to the people of Jerusalem (Isa. 29:1-2).
- Nothing is satisfying when we live outside the will of God (Isa. 29:8).
- Why are people spiritually blind? 1) Self-induced, and 2) God-inflicted (Isa. 29:9-10).
- God has revealed knowledge of himself in a book and we make excuses as to why we can’t read it (Isa. 29:11-12).
- My words can sound spiritual and people may hold me as religious and yet I can still be far away from the LORD (Isa. 29:13).
- You can say the right things about God and do the right things for God and still not actually know God (Isa. 29:13).
- The cure for spiritual blindness is the Word – the gospel (Isa. 29:18)!