Powerful day with the North Side family! It is simply amazing watching the church be the church!
- Reading – Isaiah 40:28-31
- Everlasting God – North Side Worship
- Christ Be All Around Me – Michael W. Smith
- Prayer Time (we have 11 Baptist churches in our community without a pastor and we split into groups, choose one of them, and prayed for God to move among them today)
- Good, Good Father – Housefires
- There Is a Fountain – North Side Worship
- Sermon – Waiting for His Coming (Isaiah 40)
- While I’m Waiting – John Waller
- Hebrew for “comfort” means “breathe” (Is. 40:1).
- If God doesn’t discipline me, I don’t belong to him.
- Clear the path! Make room (Is. 40:3)!
- When Jesus comes, everything will change!
- The Bible will never have a limited “shelf-life” (Is. 40:8).
- Let God’s people know – he’s coming (Is. 40:9)!
- God is in control over every kingdom, authority, and election (Is. 40:21-23).
- God has not forgotten us (Is. 40:26).
- The everlasting God (Is. 40:28) has an everlasting Word (Is. 40:8).
- I can’t even search through his understanding – let alone comprehend it (Is. 40:28).
- There are times we are given enough strength to soar, to run, or just to walk (Is. 40:31). Whichever amount we receive, just keep moving.
- When I can’t fly, I run. When I can’t run, I walk. It doesn’t matter how I get there as long as I get there!
- God has never once been exhausted (Is. 40:28).
- Waiting on God is not like waiting on someone else.
- While we wait for the LORD to fulfill his promise, we stay faithful fulfilling his commandments (Is. 40:31).