Loved celebrating Palm Sunday with the North Side family today. Our services were focused on Isaiah 52:13-53:12 as we kicked off Passion Week.
Can I just tell you how the Lord brings so many things together?
- We are nearing the end of a study through Isaiah, and this week happens to be on possibly the most pivotal prophecy of Jesus in the Old Testament and relating to the focus of this week in the Christian calendar.
- In our Discipleship Groups, the lesson mentions the importance of religious rituals like the Lord’s Supper.
- Band C is leading today and has “man of sorrows” in the song list they were planning on leading which comes from Is. 53:3.
I don’t wish that we were that creative to make it all come together. I love following a God who brings it all together.
The services were incredible today. The genuine expressions of worship throughout the day (but especially at the conclusion of the 11:00 service today) was amazing. It’s one of those times you are just thankful to be in the room.
- Prayer Time
- Lord I Need You – Matt Maher
- Welcome and Announcements
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross – North Side Worship
- At the Cross – North Side Worship
- Prayer Time
- Sermon – Christ Our Savior (Isaiah 52:13-53:12)
- The Old Rugged Cross – North Side Worship
- Hallelujah What a Savior – North Side Worship
- Jesus did not come to save us from our circumstances. He came to save us from our sins.
- The people rejected Jesus. They had unmet Messianic expectations.
- Jesus is God’s servant – not our servant (Is. 52:13).
- Jesus is our substitute (Is. 53:4).
- Kill the Shepherd for the sheep’s transgression (Is. 53:6). Oh, the absurdity and beauty of such a thought!
I cannot wait to continue to celebrate Easter with this church family all this week. Make your plans!