We focused on Isaiah 58 today and it was an incredible time about talking about a true fast. Not an opportunity to get God’s attention, but a chance to be his hands and feet in the world.
The band led so well today. I am just honored I get to be in the band.
Scott Hill, our Mission Pastor, preached today and did an incredible job. He laid it out there so well. I was sitting in my seat thanking God that he brought Scott to North Side. So thankful for the way he is leading us to think and live missionally.
- Psalm 100
- You Are Good – Israel Houghton
- Welcome and Prayer Time
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross – North Side Worship
- Holy Spirit – Francesca Battistelli
- Offering (Prayer Time Over Discipleship Groups)
- How Can It Be? – Lauren Daigle
- Sermon – Grace Made Visible (Isaiah 58; Eph. 2:1-10)
- Christ Be All Around Me – Michael W. Smith
- We have been saved by God for God (Eph. 2:1-10).
- Let the people know the degree of their wickedness (Is. 58:1).
- The people were fasting with selfish motives. They want to earn God’s attention (Is. 58:1-4).
- Our religious activity means nothing to God when we make it about ourselves (Is. 58:3).
- Selfish, religious activity does not earn an audience with the LORD (Is. 58:4).
- We have saved from something, but we have also been saved to something (Is. 58:6).
- True fasting brings about light, healing, righteousness, and glory (Is. 58:8)!
- May your church be called “the repairer of the breach” (Is. 58:12).