Today is going to be an exciting and intensive day. I am going to be on the campus of North Greenville University for a pivotal time of meetings concerning the next president of the school.
I have written previously on my newfound role as a trustee of the school and how I am more confident than ever in the fact that NGU is a school where Christ [still] makes the difference. Since writing that, I am amazed at the comments I received and testimonies of how God has used this school in others’ lives. It has made this role even more crucial in my own heart!
As a trustee, I was also asked to serve on the Presidential Search Committee. After prayer and consultation, I jumped in and it is amazing to see all that God is already doing in this process.
Today, our committee will be having some key meetings as a group, with faculty, staff, and students.
It will be a great day to listen to perspectives concerning the school’s culture presently and what it should be as we go forward.
For you alumni out there, we want to hear from you as well. If you want to make your voice heard about the next president, you can do so here now.
While I will continue to share the progress of which I am able to share, I am asking those of you who love the school to do something pivotal for this process: pray.
I know since it is a Christian school you may feel as if this is a cliché request. It isn’t for me. Prayer is what begins, guides, directs, and ends our meetings as a committee, and I am asking you to make it a priority as well.
I have often found that it is easy for me to talk about something while neglecting to talk with God about that something.
In our thoughts and conversations, could you make it a priority to pray for the school? For the next direction? For God to begin to work in the heart of the next president?
- Pray for wisdom in this process. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. (James 1:5)
- Pray for those in leadership to grow in intimacy with Jesus. Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. (John 17:25).
- Pray for unity among those who love the school and the Great Commission. That they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. (John 17:21).
- Pray for Scripture to guide this process. The unfolding of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the simple. (Psalm 119:130).
- Pray that the Holy Spirit is the key leader in this entire process. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. (Romans 8:14).
- Pray for the next president to be still maturing in Christ right now. Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me. (Col. 1:28-29).
Will you pray with me?