In this 5th session of our prayer course, we tackle the topic of “Spiritual Warfare”
- The Christians who get annihilated are the ones who never acknowledge that they are at war.
- We have a real enemy and his name is Satan.
- Satan is called the ruler of this world (John 16:11).
- Satan leads people to walk in the way of this world (Eph. 2:2).
- Unbelievers are characterized by being held in the domain of darkness (Col. 1:13) by the power of Satan (Ac. 26:18) as he blinds their eyes so that they cannot see the light of the gospel (2 Cor. 4:3-4).
- He is the deceiver of the whole world (Rev. 12:9) as it currently lies in his power (1 John 5:19).
- Satan searches for an opportune time (Eph. 4:27; Luke 4:13) to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10).
- Satan approaches God in order to make accusations against us (Rev. 12:10; Job 1:9-11; 2:4-5).
- Satan’s original temptation attempted to cause Adam and Eve to doubt God’s Word (Gen. 3:1).
- Satan prowls around like a roaring lion seeking someone to devour (1 Pet. 5:8).
- Satan disguises himself as an angel of light (2 Cor. 11:14).
- Satan is bold enough to afflict righteous Job (Job 1:9-11), ask for Peter (Luke 22:31), torment Paul (2 Cor. 12:7), and tempt Jesus himself (Luke 4:1, 13).
- If Satan is brave enough to tempt the saints before us and even Jesus himself, do you think he is remotely intimidated to engage you in battle?
- You know about Satan, but does Satan know about you (Acts 19:11-17)?
- Do the forces of hell know me by name?
- How do we fight Satan? Submit to God, resist the devil, and he will flee from you (James 4:7).
- Submit to God by putting on the armor of God (Eph. 6:10-17).
- There is no armor listed for the back side. God doesn’t intend for us to run from a spiritual battle.
- Resist the devil by taking every thought captive (2 Cor. 10:3-5).
- Satan will not flee from your presence, but he will flee from God’s presence in you (1 John 4:4).