It was a wonderful privilege to celebrate Jesus as the church gathered today. It was our 2nd week in our “Proverbs” series and we focused on “Wisdom About Words.”
We focused on 2 things to celebrate for the Kingdom today. One was the great VBS week and all the great stuff that took place including many kids receiving the gospel! The second was having the Wolfes with us today all the way from Africa. Hearing some updates from them and being to spend some time with them was fantastic today even though it wasn’t long enough!
- VBS Recap Video
- This Is Amazing Grace – North Point Music
- Cornerstone – Tim Neufeld
- Wolfe Update
- Prayer Time
- Facing a Task Unfinished – Keith and Kristyn Getty
- How Great Is Our God – Chris Tomlin
- Sermon – “Wisdom About Words”
- Let the Words of My Mouth – Fernando Ortega
As I have been praying through the Psalms, I take the calendar day of the month and pray through it. It just “so happened” that I was praying through Psalm 19 today when we were talking about speech and I had planned on using a song we have never done that comes from Psalm 19:14. All that had been planned independent of each other.
I didn’t figure that out until the end of the service – glad God had already put all that together!
Jeff preached from numerous proverbs in the Book of Proverbs today concerning words. Here are some of the most pivotal points for me:
- Words wound (Prov. 12:18).
- Even a fool can be considered wise if he keeps his mouth shut (Prov. 17:28).
- Our words reveal the condition of our hearts (Prov. 18:4).
- My words can bring life or death to me and others (Prov. 18:21).
- Guarded mouth = guarded life (Prov. 21:23).