We need to discipline ourselves to pray for those we are around on a regular basis.
Earlier this week, you probably heard requests from people around you concerning prayer requests. Have you prayed for them yet? Today is a great time to start!
You will pass by co-workers or associates numerous times this week.
While you might have talked with them, have you talked with God concerning them?
Today is a great time to start!
Read how the Apostle Paul prayed for the Ephesian church.
Ephesians 3:14-21 – 14 For this reason I kneel before the Father 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named. 16 I pray that He may grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power in the inner man through His Spirit, 17 and that the Messiah may dwell in your hearts through faith. I pray that you, being rooted and firmly established in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the length and width, height and depth of God’s love, 19 and to know the Messiah’s love that surpasses knowledge, so you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20 Now to Him who is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works in us— 21 to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
What are some of the things that Paul specifically prayed for them?
As I read it, here are some specifics to pray for another:
- That God’s Spirit would strengthen him or her
- That the Messiah would dwell in the heart
- That he or she would be rooted and firmly established in love
- That he or she could comprehend the depth of God’s love
- That he or she could grasp the impossibility of fully comprehending the depth of God’s love because it is just that great
- That he or she would be filled with ALL the fullness of God
- That God would be glorified in us
Let’s start getting specific. Choose at least one person you are around and begin praying this passage over him or her.
Begin to pray for them and watch God at work today. You might even be surprised how more keen you are to notice God at work in their lives.