Great day watching people be the church today! Our focus was on “Wisdom About Marriage” in our Proverbs Series.
Due to the cultural climate, I changed some things up this morning for our services.
I love that our church is willing to get into prayer groups in our worship services and get after it!
It is my favorite sound to hear our church praying boldly! People are shocked that it works, but I truly believe our people are learning to pray by praying.
- Scholarship Presentation and Prayer Time
- Reading Psalm 90
- It Is Well with My Soul – North Side Worship
- Christ Is Risen/Because He Lives – Matt Maher
- Prayer Time for Racial Reconciliation
- Before the Throne of God Above – Shane & Shane
- How Deep the Father’s Love for Us – Liberty Worship Band
- Sermon – Wisdom About Marriage
- A home is built on more than carpentry skills. Rooms are filled with riches greater than possessions (Prov. 24:3-4).
- Seek wisdom, understanding, and knowledge in your marriage (Prov. 24:3-4).
- The desire to please God above all else is the wisest desire to possess (Prov. 9:10).
- A wife can make a man feel like a king or a patient (Prov. 12:4).
- To find a good spouse, one must trust in the LORD (Prov. 19:14).
- There is wealth that my earthly father can give, but there is a treasure that only my Heavenly Father can give (Prov. 19:14).
- It is important who you marry (Prov. 21:9).
- A wife needs security (Prov. 25:19).
- Rough living conditions are to be desire more than rough marital conditions (Prov. 25:24).
- There are no riches so great as the treasure of an excellent wife (Prov. 31:10).
- A “husband” is a cultivator.
- If you want a Proverbs 31 woman, ensure that you are a Proverbs 1-30 man.
- If you use things for what they are made for, they will last longer (Eph. 5:32).