Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. -Proverbs 6:6
We focused on the “Wisdom About Work” in our “Proverbs” series today. Loved worshiping with the North Side family. One of my highlights was praying over these missionaries being sent out this week. I love watching our church become a praying church!
It was also great to introduce the new song, “May the Peoples Praise You” today by Keith and Kristyn Getty. I think it is one of the most complete worship and mission songs written in a very long time.
- Reading – Isaiah 40:28-31
- Everlasting God – North Side Worship
- Reading – Psalm 67:3-4
- May the Peoples Praise You – Keith and Kristyn Getty
- Reading – 1 Cor. 6:19-20
- Jesus Paid It All – North Side Worship
- Commissioning Prayer Time – Team Rephidim
- He Will Hold Me Fast – Norton Hall Band
- Are You Washed in the Blood? – North Side Worship
- Sermon – Wisdom About Work (Prov. 6:6-11; 23:4-5)
- Prayer of Commissioning
- An ant is known for constant motion and complete focus (Prov. 6:6-11).
- I don’t have to work – I get to work (Gen. 2:5).
- The Garden of Eden was made perfect and yet it still needed to be cultivated (Gen. 2:5).
- God works (Gen. 2:2) and so man works (Gen. 2:5).
- Work is not a curse, but it has been cursed (Gen. 3:18-19).
- Don’t demonize or idolize work (Prov. 26:13-15).
- Don’t spend your life on wealth that will pass away (Prov. 23:4-5).