Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8
- The reason holiness is so elusive to us is because we judge it by the world’s standard instead of the Word’s standard.
- Most of our presumed holiness is based on a comparison to the world rather than an evaluation from the Word.
- In this life, holiness is a pursuit and not a destination.
- If you are in Christ, God’s will for your life is personal holiness.
- Your personal level of holiness will never move beyond your ability to handle sexual temptation.
- Lust is pursuing a good gift from God at the wrong time and in the wrong way.
- If you truly know God, then your entire body should reflect that reality.
- When you allow lust to go unchallenged, you sin against yourself, others, and God.