I want to say thank you for all those who keep up with my blog.
I try to use this blog as a platform to encourage readers to stay biblically obedient in the areas of faith and family.
I pray that 2016 helped you do that, and I look forward to navigating through 2017 in the same manner. As a recap, I have listed the top 16 posts that were written in 2016 and the top read ones in 2016 (regardless of year it was posted).
Top 16 Posts from 2016
- I Love Your Church – After reading about the removal of Perry Noble as pastor of Newspring Church, I was simply heartbroken.
- The 2 Reasons Why the Church Doesn’t Sing Anymore – When people don’t sing in church worship services, it is either the fault of the worship leader or the worshiper.
- Where Christ [Still] Makes the Difference – I believe that North Greenville is where Christ [still] makes the difference.
- When Hatred Casts the Ballot – In this election, many people are voting against what they hate rather than forwhat they love.
- Where Racism Leads – If you only grieve over the deaths of those who look like you, you are a part of the problem.
- Why We Chose Homeschooling (And Why You Shouldn’t) – While I do not believe that homeschooling is for everyone, it is right for us as of right now.
- Racism and the Gospel – Stop desensitizing feelings you have never felt.
- How to Pray for the Next NGU President – I have often found that it is easy for me to talk about something while neglecting to talk with God about that something.
- She Will Wear White – Despite the unfaithful behavior of this bride, she will wear white.
- Praying for Your Spouse – In this video, Lander University’s BCM Director, Scott Smith, talks about how to pray for your spouse.
- Foster Care Excuses – Have you ever considered becoming a foster family? Listen to Randy Harling talk about his own experience and an exciting new partnership to help your family serve in this way.
- Lessons from a Hospital – I complain about healthcare stipulations while rarely thanking God for having healthcare in the first place.
- Why I Recommend MFUGE – I want to be completely honest: I have never once seen a youth leader regret the decision to expose students to missions.
- Wisdom About Sex – How do you fight against adultery? 1) Listen to biblical wisdom repeatedly, 2) Avoid the forbidden woman, 3) Pursue your own wife.
- This Is Santa’s Big Scene – Christmas has become Santa’s big scene, and Jesus has been reduced to an honorable mention.
- Unplug – With the expansive opportunities for connection via electronic mediums, I am feeling more and more disconnected because I am unable to disconnect.
Top 16 Posts Read in 2016
- Church Bulletin Bloopers – These statements actually appeared in church bulletins or were announced in church services.
- I Love Your Church – While I do love my church, I need to learn how to love your church as well.
- The Chain of Events Leading to Billy Graham’s Conversion – Billy Graham has shared the gospel with more people than anyone else in history, but do you know who shared the gospel with him?
- Sunday Best (Does God Care What I Wear to Church?) – Have you ever wondered what the Bible really says about what clothes to wear to worship?
- Love Come Down – We introduced “Love Come Down” from North Point Worship today. It is a great Southern song that shares the gospel well.
- Husbands, God Won’t Answer Your Prayers – Be a man, but don’t bully a daughter of God under the guise of your masculinity.
- What’s Your Family’s Motto? – Do you know what your family motto is? Have you looked up your coat of arms or crew?
- Why I Don’t Drink Alcohol (Even Though I Probably Could) – If your alcohol consumption could cause you to do something you regret later, that is an unwise amount.
- The 2 Reasons Why the Church Doesn’t Sing Anymore – Sometimes the lack of singing in worship is because the people aren’t worshipers.
- Where Christ [Still] Makes the Difference – North Greenville is a place not where man makes the difference but where Christ makes the difference.
- My Problem with David Platt’s Radical – My problem with David Platt’s Radical is that it means if any church gets serious about the gospel, Kingdom stuff can and will happen.
- When Hatred Casts the Ballot – People are fed up, and they are more passionate about what they hate than what they love.
- Fleeing Youthful Lusts Isn’t Enough – In order to flee youthful lusts, you have to run somewhere with somebody.
- Where Racism Leads – Racism leads to the cross, and we will either die there or be made alive there.
- Praying for Your Worship Team – Whether you or on that worship team or led by that team, when was the last time you prayed for them?
- Why We Chose Homeschooling (And Why You Shouldn’t) – You are not responsible to change your convictions to accommodate the opinions of your friends or family.