Resolve to defy any sinful legacy and turn your family around.
1. The sins of the father punish future generations when they become the sins of the children (Deut. 24:16). – Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.
2. God does not hold you responsible for any sins other than your own (Ezek. 18:20). – The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son.
3. You will not bear a generational curse if Christ has already bore the curse for you (Gal. 3:13). – Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us.
4. Resolve to defy any sinful legacy and turn your family around (Ex. 20:5). – for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,
5. A spiritual injury can be more devastating than a physical death (Matt. 18:6). – but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.