Working While Waiting (Titus 2:11-15)
- People tend to drift to either passively waiting on Christ’s return or actively working while ignoring his return.
- We are to show zeal in our work while we wait.
Salvation (Titus 2:11)
- The grace of God appeared. It was not summoned, warranted, or earned.
- Salvation by grace knows no concept of merit.
Sanctification (Titus 2:12)
- The gospel will produce godliness.
- God’s grace enables us to say “no” to sinful desires and “yes” to godly desires.
Anticipation (Titus 2:13)
- We neglect heavenly hope when we focus on earthly experience.
- Jesus is either liar, lunatic, or Lord.
Purification (Titus 2:14)
- The grace of God won’t rest until we look like we belong to Jesus.
- We are not saved by good works, but we are saved for good works.
Preservation (Titus 2:15)
- Regarding the truth, we are called to declare (speak correct doctrine), exhort (urge correct doctrine), and rebuke (reprimand false doctrine).
- Don’t let the quality of your life disqualify your message.