Thom Rainer’s I Am a Church Member is a great read for anyone who desires a biblical look at what church membership should look like practically.
- I am suggesting that congregations across America are weak because many of us church members have lost the biblical understanding of what it means to be a part of the Body of Christ (5).
- The concept of an inactive church members is an oxymoron (16).
- And few things can destroy the unity of a church like gossip (25).
- We will never find joy in church membership when we are constantly seeking things our way (36).
- It means that the devil sees the pastor as a threat, and one of his highest priorities is to take him down and take him out (49).
- It’s a lame and invalid excuse to say you will limit your involvement to the universal church. The Bible is clear that we are to be connected to a specific church in a specific context (72).
- When we have an attitude of entitlement, we have a lousy attitude (74).
2. I Will Not Let the Church Be About My Preferences and Desires
3. I Will Pray for My Church Leaders
4. I Will Lead My Family to Be Healthy Church Members
5. I Will Be a Functioning Member
6. I Will Treasure Church Membership as a Gift