Have you ever felt like God was telling you to do something big? Have you ever felt that desire to fight for what is right?
We often say not to a God-sized dream due to intimidation from a man-sized opposition.
I pray that the Holy Spirit is directing your heart towards a cause for which you will fight (or more accurately, I pray you are listening). You might already sense a leading towards an issue that needs to be addressed in your home or in your community. As you start to put feet to your heart, you might experience conflict from people as you seek to follow God.
In those moments, you must decide: who will you try to please? Are you seeking the approval of man or the approval of God?
Take a moment and read Galatians 1:10 to see how Paul settled this issue:
For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.
Paul setup the tension well. We will either spend our lives seeking the approval of men or the approval of God.
- As your heart leans towards a cause to fight for, what will be the conflict you will face?
- What is a need that you feel like you need to address?
- Who are the people (or types of people) that will pull you off course?
- What would it look like to please them in this situation?
- What would it look like to please God in this situation?
No doubt about it, if you resolve to fight for a cause, you will face opposition.
Can you keep your eyes focused on seeking the approval of God rather than the approval of man?