Looking for Bible verses to study or memorize on a particular area? One of the best ways to fight for holiness and combat against sin is by memorizing Scripture.
Here are 10 verses for combatting lust.
- Matt. 5:28 – But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
- 1 Cor. 6:18 – Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.
- 2 Tim. 2:22 – So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.
- 1 Thess. 4:3-5 – For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God;
- Job 31:1 – I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a young woman.
- 1 John 2:16 – For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world.
- Gal. 5:16 – But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
- Col. 3:5 – Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
- 1 Pet. 2:11 – Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul.
- Prov. 6:25 – Do not desire her beauty in your heart, and do not let her capture you with her eyelashes;