Peace on Earth
There Can Only Be One King (Matt. 2:1-21)
Herod felt threatened when his throne was challenged by Jesus’ birth. There is only room for one king on the throne of your life, and you cannot experience peace until Jesus sits upon it.
Seeking the King (Matt. 2:1-6)
- God notified pagan astrologers about Jesus’ birth out of His desire to reach all nations.
- Herod’s paranoia caused him to remove any perceived challengers to his throne.
- The Jewish people knew biblical promises regarding the Messiah’s coming and yet they still missed Him.
Honoring the King (Matt. 2:7-12)
- When people hear of Jesus, they ignore Him, challenge Him, or worship Him.
- God can use both ordinary and extraordinary means to point people to Jesus.
- If Jesus is treasured as King and Lord, there should be no limit to our lavish offerings for Him.
Rejecting the King (Matt. 2:13-21)
- Jesus proves to be the fulfillment of Israel as Herod serves to continue the attacks of the Devil.
- Once Jesus becomes a threat to our personal authority, we seek to rid ourselves of His influence.
- There is only room for one king on the throne of your life, and you cannot experience peace until Jesus sits upon it.
In this last year, what could be said of me more:
- Did I ignore Jesus?
- Did I challenge Jesus?
- Did I worship Jesus?