I am always honored when an article I have posted on my blog has impacted a reader like you. 2017 was a year to remember for sure, and for those who tagged along, thank you.
Here is a list of the most read posts of 2017.
- How to Handle the NFL Protests – To kneel or not to kneel and how to respond to those who think differently than you.
- Answering God’s Call to Greenville – The announcement of our move to Rocky Creek.
- Survival After Youth Camp – How should students and volunteers handle the trip back from camp and into real life.
- Hurricanes and My Heart – I’m more concerned about the small hurricanes coming my way than the larger ones heading another’s way. Shame on me.
- Lottie Moon Almost Settled for a Bad Marriage – God had first claim on her life, and she wouldn’t let loneliness get in the way of mission.
- Student Pastors Aren’t in the Bible (And Neither Are the Rest of Our Church Positions) – We tend to have a lot of extra-biblical things in our churches and yet pick and choose which ones we think are acceptable or not.
- The Headache and Heartache That Was Rich Mullins – Remembering a mentor of mine on the anniversary of his passing.
- We’re Making Room for You – We had to add a second service early in the year at Rocky Creek.
- Thank You, Rocky Creek – Just a letter thanking this church for allowing me to be their pastor.
- North Greenville University’s 8th President – I got to serve on the NGU presidential search and this was the announcement of his hiring.
- Order in the Church – A sermon I preached in Titus. I think this one had more traction than the others because OG helped me out in it and told everyone in South Carolina to watch it.
- Baptism Bloopers – Some funny and unexpected baptism moments caught on video.
- 15 Things You May Not Know About the First Christmas – Here are a list of things to think about regarding what happened at the first Christmas.
- My Favorite Character in the Bible – The bookend of my time at North Side reminded me about when it all started.
- 10 Ways to Welcome Your New Pastor – Rocky Creek was incredible welcoming us with open arms. This list of what they did might help your church.
- Ministry Has No Promotions – Too many pastors feel like lesser pastors if they don’t have the title “senior” in front of it. I disagree.
- Worship Song on the 5 Solas – Here is the info on a song I wrote celebrating the 500th anniversary of the Reformation.