1 Kings 18-19
After Elijah experienced God move mightily upon the mountaintop, his joy was short-lived due to following opposition. God’s instruction to Elijah during his depressed state provides direction for our own troubled souls.
- Anyone can follow God during the revival, but only mature believers can follow Him during the routine.
- Your emotions can be one of your greatest friends and yet one of your greatest enemies.
- It is supremely important to learn how to grow from the spiritual highs without becoming dependent upon them.
- Don’t let fatigue, fear, faithlessness, or frustration distract you from God.
- Despair often leads to a self-centered perspective.
- My boast today can become my complaint tomorrow.
- We need a revelation of God more than we need an answer from God.
- When we only anticipate the fire from God’s hand, we often overlook the whisper from God’s mouth.
- Sometimes the only way to combat ministry discouragement is to continue ministry faithfulness.
- When discouraged, listen to God, finish the task, invest in another, and surround with support.
- One of Satan’s greatest lies is to tell you that you are all alone.