Need some help in the complaining department?
Here are 10 verses to study or memorize to help you combat complaining.
- Do all things without grumbling or complaining (Phil. 2:14).
- Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear (Eph. 4:29).
- Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door (James 5:9).
- Show hospitality to one another without grumbling (1 Pet. 4:9).
- Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you (1 Thess. 5:18).
- Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content (Phil. 4:11).
- They murmured in their tents, and did not obey the voice of the Lord (Ps. 106:25).
- Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you (1 Thess. 5:16-18).
- Nor grumble, as some of them did and were destroyed by the Destroyer (1 Cor. 10:10).
- You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Matt. 12:34).