I started this podcast up with the intention of helping people go over and beyond in their walk with Jesus. Within myself, I see the tendency to do the bare minimum. Among the people that I interact with, I see the same drift as well. Instead of doing all that we can, we want to do only that which is required
That’s why Jesus said in Matt. 5:41 – If anyone forces you to go one mile, go the second mile. Not only did Jesus preach this, but he also practiced it. He didn’t merely teach on servanthood, he kneeled down and washed his disciples’ feet. He never instructed others to reach out to those on the fringes until he had reached out to touch the leper’s hand first. He never let a storm on the water keep him from the needy people on the shore. Even if he had to walk on water, he was committed to the 2nd mile. And as he went to the cross, he never ran from the cross but only ran towards the cross.
The reason we want to go the 2nd mile in our lives is
7 Quotes from the Cross
- “Father, forgive them, they know not what they do” (Luke 23:34).
- “This day you will be with me in Paradise” (Luke 23:43).
- “Woman, behold your son” (John 19:26-27).
- “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Mark 15:34; Matt. 27:46).
- “I thirst” (John 19:28).
- “It is finished” (John 19:30).
- “Into your hands I commit my spirit” (Luke 23:46).