At Rocky Creek, we are almost halfway through the calendar year. So, why share a list of remaining 2019 sermon series? Since the Gospel of Mark took us an entire year to get through, I haven’t shared where we are going as a church after its conclusion on Easter. I want you to pray and prepare where we are going in the Word together.
Here’s the listing:
- Mark [Following Jesus Immediately] – April 29, 2018 – April 28, 2019 – Verse by verse, we followed Jesus through the pages of the Gospel of Mark. We can’t attempt discipleship unless we have matched the Master.
- Membership Matters [The Importance of Belonging to a Local Church] – May 5, 2019 – June 2, 2019 – The local church matters to Jesus, and it should matter to us. This short series helps our folks understand what it means to commit to our family.
- Psalms [Vol. 1] – June 9, 2019 – August 11, 2019 – For the summer, let’s learn how to interact with God through a selection of 10 Psalms.
- Discipleship Series – August 18, 2019 – September 29, 2019 – This unnamed series will ramp up when school starts back and will seek to provide a practical and doable approach to
disciplinganother individual. These weeks will be essential to our next steps as a church.
- Malachi – October 6, 2019 – November 24, 2019 – We will spend 8 weeks studying the jarring words from this bold prophet. Malachi is tired of apathetic worshipers, and he confronts their sin head-on.
- Christmas Series – December 1, 2019 – December 29, 2019 – As we wrap up the year, I want to spend a few weeks attempting to reclaim a simplified version of Christmas. It seems like the weeks surrounding Christmas are so over-commercialized that we miss Jesus in the process. This unnamed series will seek to equip you to make most of Jesus during the month.
- BONUS: Philippians – January 2020 – April 2020 – And if I had to press go right now, I believe we are heading into Philippians for 2020. My prayer is to have the direction nailed down for the entire year by the end of this summer, but I have a strong leading that is where we will be starting up by studying the practices of the joyful Christian.
I am eager to get into all of these series, and I pray you are as well!
If you want to stay up-to-date with these sermons, here are a few ways to connect: