The Bible has much to say regarding marriage. Here are 10 pivotal Bible verses on this blessed union.
- Gen. 2:24 – Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
- Mark 10:9 – Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.
- Song of Solomon 8:7 – Many
waterscannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, he would be utterly despised.
- Proverbs 18:22 – He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.
- Hebrews 13:4 – Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
- Genesis 2:18 – Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”
- 1 Corinthians 7:2 – But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.
- Ephesians 5:31 – However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
- Proverbs 31:10 – An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels.
- 2 Corinthians 6:14 – Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?