Believers are called to find some way to assist orphans. Learn how your family could help through adoption, foster care, respite care, or financial assistance.
Why is adoption important?
- God eagerly adopted us into His family.
- In love, He predestined us for adoption to Himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will (Eph. 1:5).
- To redeem those who were under the Law, so that we might receive adoption as sons (Gal. 4:5).
- See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are (1 John 3:1).
- God calls believers to care compassionately for orphans.
- Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction and to keep oneself unstained from the world (James 1:27).
- Learn to do good; seek justice, reprove the ruthless, defend the orphans, plead for the widow (Isa. 1:17).
- A father to the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation. God settles the solitary in a home (Ps. 68:5-6).
- Many ways exist regarding how you can care for orphans.
- International Adoption
- Domestic Adoption
- Foster Care
- Respite Care
- Financial Support
In the video, you can also hear from Brooke Thompson of Bethany Christian Services and Brenda Parks of Miracle Hill Foster Care.