If you are wanting to keep the focus on Christ this Christmas, prioritize reading the Bible together as a family.
If you want to utilize specific verses, here are some of the pivotal Old Testament prophecies and New Testament descriptions.
- Isaiah 7:14 – Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
- Luke 2:14 – Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!
- Isaiah 9:6 – For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
- Luke 2:7 – And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.
- Micah 5:2 – But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in Israel, whose coming forth is from of old, from ancient days.
- Matthew 1:21 – She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.
- Luke 1:30-31 – And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus.
- Psalm 72:10-11 – May the kings of Tarshish and of the coastlands render him tribute; may the kings of Sheba and Seba bring gifts! May all kings fall down before him, all nations serve him!
- Matthew 2:10 – When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy.
- John 1:14 – And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.