In a world where chaos abounds, where are we to find peace? Following Jesus provides the only path to experiencing unshakable peace.
On a scale of 1 to 10, how peaceful is your life right now?
25 “These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. 28 You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 And now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it does take place you may believe. 30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me, 31 but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here.
Peaceful Promise [John 14:25-26]
- The Father sent the Son to show us the path, and He sent the Spirit to keep us upon it.
- The Holy Spirit assists us in gradual comprehension and crucial remembrance.
Peaceful Presence [John 14:27]
- There is a different type of peace that the world promises than what Jesus provides.
- A peaceful disciple can acknowledge trouble without being overwhelmed by it.
Peaceful Perseverance [John 14:28-31]
- Since Satan is unable to defeat Jesus, he focuses his strategy on disrupting this world.
- We must learn to interpret the troubles of this day by the triumph of the last day.
Looking Toward 2020
As I have prayed for our church, I believe we are lacking peace in some crucial areas:
|What’s the Issue?||What’s the Instruction?||Season of 2020|
Following Jesus provides the only path to experiencing unshakable peace.