In times of joy or fear, the Book of Psalms is a great place to read, study, memorize, recite, and pray. They help teach us how to speak back to God.
Have you ever wondered out of the 150 psalms which ones are the most popular?
According to trends provided by Google analytics, these are the top 10 searched psalms:
- Psalm 23 – “The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want…”
- Psalm 91 – “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.”
- Psalm 27 – “The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?”
- Psalm 121 – “I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come from?”
- Psalm 139 – “O LORD, you have searched me and known me!”
- Psalm 37 – “Fret not because of evildoers…Delight yourself in the LORD…”
- Psalm 1 – “Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked…”
- Psalm 51 – “Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love…”
- Psalm 119 – “Blessed are those whose way is blameless…Your word is a lamp to my feet…”
- Psalm 35 – “Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me…
While that is a list compiled by Google, all 150 are fantastic prayers teaching us to communicate with God! Pray 1 a day!