You will not grow by accident. To have the blessed life that Jesus spoke about in the Sermon on the Mount, we must follow Him on the path of discipleship. We must keep growing.
Evaluating Your Spiritual Position
- You are entirely unique, and you will never be in this exact same spiritual situation again.
- Widespread methods can never address all of your particular needs.
- You won’t make much spiritual progress by accident, so you need to develop a prayerful plan.
- Your commitment to Jesus must override every other relationship (25-26).
- Following Jesus is more than a one-time decision (27).
- Many people fail in their spiritual desires because they never established a plan to see them through (28-33).
Based on Colossians 1:27-29
Select a place in each of the 6 categories to establish a growth plan for the coming year: