Adultery always begins far before the act. We must be careful what we look at and what we think about if we are to remain faithful to our commitments.
- External actions reveal internal attitudes.
- Sin is often meeting a right desire in the wrong way at the wrong time.
The Price of Adultery (27)
- Adultery is grave disobedience against God.
- Adultery is irreversible damage against a family (even if it can be forgiven).
- Adultery is putting temporal feelings over lifelong commitments.
The Danger of Lust (28)
- What we see leads to what we consider, which leads to what we do.
- You may not be guilty for what you initially see, but you are responsible for the second glance or the lingering thought.
- The more you allow yourself to obsess over someone, the easier it will be to pursue sin.
The Need to Fight (29-30)
- Dangerous sins require drastic measures.
- Lust is a sin so severe that it deserves hell.
- Each of us requires a way to forgiveness and a plan to fight.
- Forgiveness – Jesus Christ is willing to forgive you for every sinful thought, word, and action.
- Fight – You will never find personal victory if you don’t at least put up an intentional fight.