We will begin a 3-month study through the Book of 1 John in October 2021. I feel this deep burden to help people acquire an assurance of salvation that comes from what Jesus has done rather than what we have done. The state of spirituality around me needs the truths from this book. I hope you can join us in-person or online. Below is the list of the topics this book addresses.
1 John [Know Christ. Know Life.]
If you really want to experience the life God intended, you must know the God who created you. Too many followers of Jesus struggle with an assurance of salvation, the standard of truth, the call of obedience, and the path of unity. Don’t settle for a mediocre faith, but pursue a faithful life.
- October 3, 2021 – Rescued from an Ordinary Life [1 John 1:1-4] – Far too many professing Christians drudge through life seemingly unaware of the joyful journey it is to follow Jesus. To know Jesus is to experience a rescue from an ordinary life.
- October 10, 2021 – Stepping Out of the Darkness [1 John 1:5-10] – To deny sin’s presence in our lives only increases our level of guilt. The only way to walk in the light is by stepping out of the darkness in honest confession for true forgiveness.
- October 17, 2021 – How to Know for Sure You Are Saved [1 John 2:1-11] – Assurance of salvation can often be an elusive thing to obtain. God’s Word provides specific characteristics of those who have been truly born again.
- October 24, 2021 – Don’t Get Too Comfortable Down Here [1 John 2:12-17] – While we live in this world, we are not called to love the things of this world. Knowing that heaven is our home, we must never get too comfortable with the things of this life.
- October 31, 2021 – Wearing Masks in Church [1 John 2:18-27] – There are people who appear like they know Christ, but over time, the masks come off, and we see who they truly are. Beware of deceitful people who claim temporary or modifiable association with Jesus.
- November 7, 2021 – Like Father, Like Done [1 John 2:28-3:3] – If God is truly our Father, there are certain things about us that are guaranteed. To be children of God means that all we will become is based upon what He has done.
- November 14, 2021 – If Habitual Sin Remains Unchallenged [1 John 3:4-10] – Can a true believer continue in habitual sin? God’s Word provides stark warnings about the changes that should be present in the disciple’s life.
- November 21, 2021 – Love Requires More Than Words [1 John 3:11-24] – It’s one thing to tell people that you love them, but it’s a completely different thing to show them. Love requires more than words and should be shown through our deeds and truth.
- November 28, 2021 – Not Every Spiritual Person Is Spirit-Led [1 John 4:1-6] – Plenty of people seem to be spiritual but really aren’t biblical. We must learn to test the spirits of what people say so that we don’t drift away from the Spirit of God.
- December 5, 2021 – You Can’t Love Until You’ve Been Loved [1 John 4:7-21] – Our love for God and for others is contingent upon HIs love for us. We are incapable of loving another until we grasp the unfathomable love of God. [Communion]
- December 12, 2021 – Calling All Overcomers [1 John 5:1-5] – We will be unable to overcome the world until obedience to God’s Word is desirable. Once God’s commandments are no longer seen as burdensome, we are able to experience the victory intended for us.
- December 19, 2021 – The Greatest Gift Given [1 John 5:6-12] – Out of all the gifts we have been given, none can rival Jesus Christ Himself. Through a relationship with Jesus, we find the life for which we have all been longing.
- December 26, 2021 – Know That You Know That You Know [1 John 5:13-21] – There is no greater assurance to seek than that of your salvation. Know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have eternal life and your present life receives the purpose needed.