If God is doing work inside a church, those who are outside should truly feel the effects of it. As we wait for the return of Christ, we should be the type of disciples unwilling to keep Kingdom activity within the walls of a church building.
1 Thessalonians 1:8-10
If Jesus is who He says He is, then we ought to be who He calls us to be.
The Witness (1:8)
- If you truly grasp what the Word is saying, you should never have to be coerced to share it with others.
- The work of Christ among a people should never be confined within the walls of a building.
The Work (1:9)
- Genuine transformation is the surest sign of a healthy ministry.
- You cannot be actively serving God if you permit idolatrous obsessions to continue.
The Waiting (1:10)
- Today’s perspectives are better processed through the certainty of Christ’s return.
- We can endure through the world’s challenges if we’ve been spared from God’s wrath.
How observable is your faith to people outside these walls?