This morning was incredible.
Members from North Side joined together at 6:30 (that’s in the AM, people) to pray for our city. I was amazed for many different reasons – so I shall share with you faithful readers:
- The fact that you got up to pray at 6:30am.
- No preaching, no songs, just prayer – and God moved (imagine that?!).
- The number of specific names we prayed for of people in our town far away from God – we kept working to pray for everyone by name, but there were hundreds. It took a while. It reminded me of why we do what we do.
- One of the cards I prayed for shocked me. The cards read, “Jesus, please save…” and then people would put a name down. One card read, “Jesus, please save me.” There is someone in our midst last Sunday who knows they need a relationship with Jesus, but they just haven’t done it. I prayed for you, “me,” and I pray that you don’t wait any longer and the greatest decision you could ever make.
- Our staff got to pray together – I love them. After hugs and tears anticipating what God is going to do on Sunday, Hannah made a great comment, “I wish I could just shrink our whole staff down and stick you guys in my pocket.” Feel the love.
- For those that were still there at a little before 8:00, we got to pray for Jeff, who has a pretty important job on Sunday to let God speak through him. It was an honor to pray for such a humble leader who practices what he preaches. When he did his trial sermon, he said he wanted to be a part of a church who brought people to Jesus – it is so amazing to see that happening.
“Greater things have yet to come, and greater things are still to be done in this city.”