This has been a random but busy week, and so much is going on. I love being used because you sleep well at night because you are so exhausted. A lot of things are coming up, so I thought I would update you on some pretty incredible things around the bend:
- Balance series is coming to a close this weekend. It’s been a well-received series, and hopefully some of you are coming to a balanced life. This Sunday, I will preach a message with the big idea being: “The greatest gift you will ever give the world will be your intimacy with God.”
- Submerge is only a few days away. I can’t wait. Our spring break youth camp is gearing up to be a great one. Our speaker will be my buddy serving up at Elevation Church, Phillip McCart. We worked at a camp together where we played in the worship band. We watched Victor Wooten spin his guitar around too much on my Flecktones DVD. Phillip tried it. And his Les Paul went flying to the side of the stage. It was the most memorable end of camp in all Centrifuge history.
- Good Friday Prayer Service is coming your way quickly. We’re going to get on our knees and get our prayer on at 6:30 AM on Good Friday (March 21st) to pray for the people of Greenwood. If you can come for 5 minutes or the whole morning, come on out. “Greater things have yet to come and greater things are still to be done in this city.”
- My baby boy in his mom’s womb kicked me hand so hard last night it jumped. He supposedly kicks a lot when I preach.
- Advance training for business professionals. We are hosting a simulcast called Advance on April 18th. This is hosted by John Maxwell’s group and they have an incredible lineup of speakers. This is a great event for businesses, leaders, students, church leaders, managers, etc. Check out more info on it here.
- Passion Regionals – if you still want to go, we have some spots left. Sign up quick…
- I will have preached 9 times in eight days by Sunday. I am tired but loving it.
- I am going to my Alma Mater, NGU, tonight to preach. Jeff is going with me to be my emotional support.
- Amanda has a church baby shower this weekend. Obie is going to be so spoiled!
- I have read approximately 1800 pages of revival leaders for seminary in the last 10-12 days and boy do my eyes hurt.
- I am observing the Sabbath on Friday this week by playing golf with some of my favorite people in the world. I think it will be rest…
- College ministry ideas are coming like crazy. Keep praying. Stuff is happening…
- Vision casting with our elders this weekend. North Side planning for 2008-2011! I don’t even know what I’m eating for lunch yet!
I think that’s sort of what is on tap right now. There’s more, but I’ll keep you posted. Man, it’s a great time to be a part of the Kingdom!